Friday, October 10, 2008

Long and Skinny!



Week two was another success. Apart from Elli and I catching a cold we all three had a good week. Elli gets even awesome-er every day! :)


She had her four month appointment today and this is what we found out...


*she's a genius

*she's perfect

*she's very advanced for her age


Okay, those were just my findings...not necessarily the doctor's words...here's what the doctor told us:


*she's 95th percentile for height - over 25 inches!!

*she's 5th percentile in weight - no worries about her weight...maybe she just has Greg's metabolism!! YAY!!

*she's right where she should be with advancements - rolling, grabbing, cooing, etc.

*she had a serious growth spurt over the last two months

*no need to rush the solids...she suggested we wait another month due to some recent studies about introducing food and allergies (I'm secretly glad about this because I personally wasn't ready for solids but was going to move forward if the doctor wanted us to)

*she has angelic features...these were the doctor's words exactly!!! :)


Seriously, Elli is so freaking awesome. I am so glad I have Fridays with her. All she's done today is smile, talk, giggle and nap. I can't get enough of her.


She's rolling and moving around even more these days. Ehrin said that she was able to roll from her belly to her back, but I haven't seen her do it yet. So far she just rolls from her back to her belly and then gets ticked off that's she's on her belly. We put the sleep positioner back in her crib because she kept rolling over and waking herself up (and then wakes us up because she's ticked off that she's on her belly...it's a vicious cycle). I don't know how she does it, but she's never where we put her down...she's usually at least 180 degrees and a foot away from where she was laying when we put her to bed. She's definitely a mover and a wriggler.


We are going to the pumpkin patch tonight for our family night. The weather is awesome today so I am really looking forward to it. I hope to post lots of pictures soon!

5 comments:

hillwamp said...

Oh course she has Angelic features, she has been modeled after him and you two so how could she not?
Love ya and hope we get to see great pumpkin patch pictures! We are planning that next weekend with Joshie!!! It is one of his favorite things to do.

Anonymous said...

Oops, now I feel bad for telling you that she rolled from belly to back. I never want you to feel like you're missing out on any "firsts". Anyway, we think Elli is pretty special too, and we're excited to be so involved in her life (whether she likes it or not).

mi*chelle said...

Welcome to blogging!! It's a great way to keep the family involved!

I also like it because it helps me keep the facts straight...dates and times....etc.

Anyway, Elli is looking adorable! I LOVE the Bears cheerleading outfit!!! GREAT PURCHASE!

Can't wait to have all the little great-granddaughters around together. That's a picture we HAVE to get at Christmas!

Sara said...

Elli is perfect!!! It was great to see her (and you and Greg) yesterday!!!

I think our doctor told us the same thing about food / allergies. We didn't start cereal with Adrianna until between 5 and 6 months!

Keep up the great job!!!!! You're such a great mommy!

Lee Ann said...

Love that baby girl. She's an over achiever.