Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's official...we are now bloggers!



Well, I swore I'd never be a blogger because our life isn't that interesting that someone would actually want to go online to read about us...and then on June 6th our life became so incredibly interesting with the addition of our beautiful baby girl, Elliot Rose. Elli is amazing. Every day she confirms how incredibly blessed we are to have her in our life.


I was so hesitant (for lack of a better word) for her to start growing...I wanted the baby stage to last forever. A good friend of mine told me that I needed to stop thinking that way and to enjoy every moment as every stage in Elli's life will get better and better. She was so right. Elli is so strong - she's been holding her head up since about day 10, loves to 'walk' across the floor with Greg's help and loves to watch the world. She smiles and coos...Greg and I savor it every time.

Having Elli has made me truly realize how blessed we are to have the family and friends we have. Elli loves her grandparents more than anything...it's so great to see her with them (and a nice break for mommy and daddy). We are looking forward to the day when Elli and her cousins become BFFs. We love our nieces and nephew so much and it's been a great experience to go through everything with Ehrin and Sara.


Elli's not going to have much choice but to be a Chicago Bears fan. Her wardrobe of pink is gradually become more orange and blue. She's already seen the team in action at the Chicago Bears training camp. Elli and I are both hoping that they have a good season...Greg just seems so much happier when they win. :)

1 comment:

Penny said...

Elli is soo cute! I am so glad you are a Blogger now. Just think a few years ago we all would have thought you had some kind of wierd condition (Blogger?)Anyways, it will be great to know how you guys are doing and how big Elli is getting! Congratulations!!! Love Penny