Friday, December 5, 2008

Giving Thanks!

Aren't we all so incredibly blessed? To have families, friends, jobs, freedom...and the list goes on. I am truly thankful this holiday season for the blessings in my life. Our Thanksgiving was a good one. Elli started on vegetables Thanksgiving day. She celebrated with some carrots...it seemed only appropriate. She is really loving her food and seems to really enjoy the homemade apples that Aunt Ehrin mentored me through. I took the week of Thanksgiving off so Elli and I took a trip to Ehrin's so that she could school me on some baby food making. We made squash, sweet potatoes, apples, carrots and peas. It was pretty simple, cheaper than buying baby food and ended up being fun. Ehrin is definitely my mentor. I call her for every question, issue and panic attack and she calmly guides me through. I am so grateful that she is close to us and watching Elli.
I am also grateful for amazing friends. Elli has so many 'aunts' and 'uncles' in her life. From my good friends and accountability partners Katie and Heather to our much loved cousins Syd, Chris, Sarah and Katie (yes, I am mentioning Katie twice...I just love her so much and am SO excited for her to move right next door to us...come on, you know you want to!!!:) to Beth who is the most generous person I know to our Bible Study friends Justin and Audra. And the amazing thing is I could go on! We spent time with some of those aunts and uncles tonight - Chris, Sarah, Syd and Katie. We are so excited for the Ponslers travels to Ethiopia to pick up their long awaited bundle of joy. We can't wait to meet our newest cousin...we already love him so much!! The boys played Rock Band (or whatever it's called) and Elli seemed to enjoy it about as much as they did. I think they can take their show on the road. Elli and I could totally be groupies. Below Elli is watching Syd playing the drums. She alternated between watching Syd and looking up at Greg while he was singing.





Thanks Sarah and Chris for the Pumas...Elli's kickin' it in them for sure! :) I never thought I would have shoe envy toward my six month old!

Speaking of six months...HAPPY SIX MONTH BIRTHDAY ELLIOT! I took her for her six month appointment today and everything looks good. She's still pretty much off the charts for her weight, but she's now up to 12 lbs 6 oz! The funny thing is that she's technically not in 6 months clothes if you go by weight alone (most we have start at 12 1/2 lbs) but as you can see from the picture above she's already getting too tall for them. Do they make baby clothes in 6 month waist and 9 months length??? The doctor seemed to approve of everything we have going on with Elli including her development (sitting up by herself, grabbing things and switching hands, the feeding schedule she is on, eye contact, etc.). She also commended me for continuing to nurse Elli as she's been with me since the beginning struggles with Elli's weight...my goal was to get to six months and we made it! Who would have thought we would be able to do it!?!? When the doctor got to Elli's legs as she was checking out all of her joints she must have hit the tickle spot because Elli started cracking up as the doctor was moving her legs in circles. It was so funny. The next thing: talking. The doctor said she should be working out mamamama, dadadada, babababa any day. I'm betting on the mamamama first. :)


We are so thankful for Y-O-U! Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!


2 comments:

Ponz, Lil Ponz, Real Lil Ponz and Baby Ponz said...

It was great hanging out with you guys on Friday! Thanks for coming our way and we can't wait for you to meet our baby in January!

mi*chelle said...

good luck on getting the "mama" first!! I'll be impressed and you'll have to tell me your secret!