Thursday, May 28, 2009

Elli's New Friend

Elli's New Friend? The fan in her bedroom. She can reach the on/off and timer buttons and had so much fun tonight playing. She would turn off the fan and then work to turn it back on. She was so proud of herself when it came back on...I captured one of the smiles I got when she turned it on.

Elli's Old Friend? Tegegn! We had so much fun with the Ponsler family last weekend. We headed over to our second home, The Children's Museum, on Friday morning. It seemed like the kids had a fun time. This is the third time we've visited and each time Elli is really into something different. This time she enjoyed the sand. I love to watch her play and watch her little brain work things out. It's so sweet. It was so fun to watch Tegegn too. He's such a sweet little boy...he's got so much energy and brings so many smiles. It's so fun to share the joy of parenthood with one of my best friends. Sarah is such an amazing mommy!!


They played SO hard! I got to sit between two precious and worn out little ones on the way home. :)

We grilled out with the 'Second Six' (yep, we have a name...Ponslers, Nicholsons (Katie, we're close enough to group you as one!!), Nicholsons) on Friday night. We had a lot of fun and you'll see from the pictures below that Elli enjoyed her first cotton candy! Every time we passed it at the Children's Museum I told Greg I wanted to get some and since Greg wasn't there to tell me no I bought some for Elli and Tegegn. Elli was a mess afterward (and so was I). Afterward Elli and Tegegn shared a bath...I am pretty sure that girl has gotten around when it comes to sharing baths with other kids. We have pictures which will be fun to drive them crazy with in a couple of years!!

I just confirmed today that I am leaving next Wednesday for an overnight work trip to CA. I am excited for the trip but so sad to leave Greg and Elli. I feel so blessed for the amazing support we have that live nearby and those who aren't so near but make it feel that way! I know Elli (and Greg for that matter) will be well taken care of in my absence!
T minus 8 days to Elli's birthday. I have been stressing about the party itinerary (yes, there is an itinerary) ...thinking through what I need to do to get the house in shape and which games we should play and on and on and I was reminded today that all of that pales in comparison to the thought of Elli having fun next Saturday with all the people who love her! Everyone is invited - next Saturday / Elli's house / 2:30 p.m.

No comments: